Below is an email Sheldon Schlegman sent this morning to City Council members in regard to the City Council's Public Safety Committee’s consideration to reinstate Tom Coffin. I’d encourage everyone to write these committee members as well - their contact info is below.
From: sheldon schlegman
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 9:00 AM
To: anne fauver; kwanza hall; c.t. martin; joyce sheperd; h.lamar willis; cleta winslow
Subject: Tom Coffins firing.
Atlanta City Council Members:
Please use your office to rehire Tom Coffin. He is the only Arborist who understands the law and enforces it. Unfortunately his boss felt it was necessary to “Shoot the messenger” when Mr. Coffin presented to him the facts that the other Arborists were not enforcing the law.
We the citizens of Atlanta rely upon protection under the law. I notice the furor being raised by the Council when police are laid off. I can understand that; our lives are precious, so are our trees. Our trees are too valuable an asset to disregard.
If this case goes to court we will be faced with paying a huge amount of money to settle the case. I think our money can be spent more wisely protecting our Urban Forest.
Do the right thing! Hire Tom Coffin back.
Sheldon Schlegman
Atlanta, GA
Here is the Public Safety Committee's contact information. Please write them today -- thanks!
Anne Fauver afauver@atlantaga.gov
Kwanza Hall khall@atlantaga.gov
C.T. Martin cmartin@atlantaga.gov
Joyce Sheppard jmsheperd@atlantaga.gov
H. Lamar Willis hlwillis@atlantaga.gov
Cleta Winslow cwinslow@atlantaga.gov
From: sheldon schlegman
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 9:00 AM
To: anne fauver; kwanza hall; c.t. martin; joyce sheperd; h.lamar willis; cleta winslow
Subject: Tom Coffins firing.
Atlanta City Council Members:
Please use your office to rehire Tom Coffin. He is the only Arborist who understands the law and enforces it. Unfortunately his boss felt it was necessary to “Shoot the messenger” when Mr. Coffin presented to him the facts that the other Arborists were not enforcing the law.
We the citizens of Atlanta rely upon protection under the law. I notice the furor being raised by the Council when police are laid off. I can understand that; our lives are precious, so are our trees. Our trees are too valuable an asset to disregard.
If this case goes to court we will be faced with paying a huge amount of money to settle the case. I think our money can be spent more wisely protecting our Urban Forest.
Do the right thing! Hire Tom Coffin back.
Sheldon Schlegman
Atlanta, GA
Here is the Public Safety Committee's contact information. Please write them today -- thanks!
Anne Fauver afauver@atlantaga.gov
Kwanza Hall khall@atlantaga.gov
C.T. Martin cmartin@atlantaga.gov
Joyce Sheppard jmsheperd@atlantaga.gov
H. Lamar Willis hlwillis@atlantaga.gov
Cleta Winslow cwinslow@atlantaga.gov
Comments