From: Rob Glancy
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 4:24 PM
To: sfranklin@AtlantaGa.GovCc: 'Anne Fauver at Bellsouth'; 'Anne Fauver'; mnorwood@AtlantaGa.Gov; 'Dianne Olansky'; 'Pamela Papner'; 'Papner, Pamela'; 'Gillett, Ken'
Subject: Disappointment regarding Tom Coffin's Dismissal
Dear Madame Mayor:
I am writing you to express my personal disappointment at the dismissal of Tom Coffin. I know you are hearing a lot of this lately, and I know it is being investigated, but I think it is important to hear this from a wide range of parties who have worked with him over the years.
I have been the Parks Chair of NPU-F since 2004 and I have been the Parks Chair for The Virginia-Highland Civic Association since 2001. In these capacities, I have worked with Mr. Coffin and have always found him to be extremely professional, unbiased, effective and tireless in his work as an arborist for the city.
Moreover, I believe his dismissal confirms the lack of interest and commitment to the Tree Ordinance, which I believe is so important to the city for us and for future generations. Everyone says it, and I will say it again:
Atlanta’s most important natural resource is its trees. We don’t have the lakes, harbors or oceans of Chicago, Boston, New York and Miami nor the mountains of Denver and Seattle, but we have our trees, and they are critical to our quality of life. Mr. Coffin is a staunch supporter of trees and an individual who is not afraid to do his job, and as such, he is a critical person to have on staff in the Arborist’s office.
I hope there will be a reversal of this decision, and furthermore I hope this situation leads to a revitalized commitment to the enforcement and management of the city’s Tree Ordinance.
Sincere regards,
Rob Glancy
Parks Chair, NPU-F
Parks Chair, Virginia-Highland Civic Association
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 4:24 PM
To: sfranklin@AtlantaGa.GovCc: 'Anne Fauver at Bellsouth'; 'Anne Fauver'; mnorwood@AtlantaGa.Gov; 'Dianne Olansky'; 'Pamela Papner'; 'Papner, Pamela'; 'Gillett, Ken'
Subject: Disappointment regarding Tom Coffin's Dismissal
Dear Madame Mayor:
I am writing you to express my personal disappointment at the dismissal of Tom Coffin. I know you are hearing a lot of this lately, and I know it is being investigated, but I think it is important to hear this from a wide range of parties who have worked with him over the years.
I have been the Parks Chair of NPU-F since 2004 and I have been the Parks Chair for The Virginia-Highland Civic Association since 2001. In these capacities, I have worked with Mr. Coffin and have always found him to be extremely professional, unbiased, effective and tireless in his work as an arborist for the city.
Moreover, I believe his dismissal confirms the lack of interest and commitment to the Tree Ordinance, which I believe is so important to the city for us and for future generations. Everyone says it, and I will say it again:
Atlanta’s most important natural resource is its trees. We don’t have the lakes, harbors or oceans of Chicago, Boston, New York and Miami nor the mountains of Denver and Seattle, but we have our trees, and they are critical to our quality of life. Mr. Coffin is a staunch supporter of trees and an individual who is not afraid to do his job, and as such, he is a critical person to have on staff in the Arborist’s office.
I hope there will be a reversal of this decision, and furthermore I hope this situation leads to a revitalized commitment to the enforcement and management of the city’s Tree Ordinance.
Sincere regards,
Rob Glancy
Parks Chair, NPU-F
Parks Chair, Virginia-Highland Civic Association
Comments